Changing Dietary Habits Among Anemic Pregnant Women in Palestine

2511's picture
Journal Title, Volume, Page: 
Egyptian Journal of Health Care, EJHC Vol.1 No.1
Authors: 
Mariam Amer Altell
Professor of Community Health Nursing Nursing, Faculty of Nursing - Ain Shams University
Current Affiliation: 
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, Department of Biomedical Sciences, An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
P. Dr .Nawal Soleman
P. Dr Faten KhayratEl-Jendy
MD. Hisham El-Nana
Preferred Abstract (Original): 

Aim: The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of nutritional interventions using health promotion model through changing in their dietary practices regard the risk of anima. Tool: Data collection tool consisted of two tools were used for data collection; the interviewing questionnaire that consist of 3 parts; the socio-demographic and maternal profile of pregnant women, their dietary habits/ practice, and the general health related to fatigue leve. The second tool was the investigation /laboratory tool that assessed the hemoglobin level of pregnant women. All pregnant women interviewed, and results of blood samples for hemoglobin level obtained from the MOH laboratories. Data were analyzed using SPSS soft ware. Result: The study result showed overall significant change in pregnant women’s eating habits and practices, and a significant relationship between changing eating practices and improvement in their hemoglobin level, also a significant relationship between hemoglobin and fatigue level of pregnant women.

AttachmentSize
Changing Dietary Habits Among Anemic Pregnant Women in Palestine208.14 KB